garage door opener repair & installation
High Quality, Reliable Garage Door Opener Repair and Installation Services
If your garage door opener breaks down, our staff will arrive as soon as possible to repair it. We specialize in repairing the most popular brands of garage door openers: LiftMaster, Craftsman, and Chamberlain.
DoorFlex Garage Door Repair strives to provide only the finest customer service. We have a team of highly trained and experienced experts available 7 days a week to assist with any garage door opener repair needs you may have. Our experts will come by to check and fix whatever is causing your garage door opener not to receive a signal from the transmitter, whether it’s a problem with the safety sensors or broken hardware.
When your garage door opener becomes irreparable, we can install a LiftMaster opener – a well-known and reputable brand. We have complete faith in our products and services, therefore we provide warranties to assure client satisfaction.
Please get in touch with us if you’re having problems with your garage door opener so that we may assist you. If you live in Florida and need to repair or replace your garage door opener, do not hesitate to contact us, we will have your garage door opening nice and smoothly again!
What Is a Garage Door Opener?
A garage door opener contains a motor that opens and closes the door. Most models include switches on the wall, while some come with an additional remote to keep in your purse or car.
The garage door system is a complex radio transmission mechanism. The receiver sends a code when you push the garage door remote or wall switch button. When this happens, the opener begins to pull the door across the garage door track. The procedure should be smooth and continuous but not too rapid. You may exit your garage as usual after it has been completely raised. When you hit the wall switch again or the remote, or press it once more, the process reverses itself and lowers the door back down again.
The garage door is lifted with a trolly, which is a chain or bar that runs from the motor to the door. This is an essential component of equipment in order to move the door using a pulley system.
Do you hear a lot of noises when you press the garage door opener button? Your garage door motor will have more difficulties performing its function with time. As a result, if your garage door creaks, clanks, or squeaks, it may be time for a repair.
Common Garage Door Opener Issues
It is normal for the parts of your garage door to come out of their track due to everyday use. So, if you’re having trouble operating your garage door, try to adjust and realign your garage sensors and the close limit switch.
Almost every garage door now counts with an opener reversing feature. When your garage door malfunctions, the reversing feature forces the garage door to reverse in a different direction. In this way, it will prevent someone from getting injured.
If your garage door makes an unusual noise, it indicates that your gears might be damaged or broken. If it does, consider calling a professional garage door technician to fix your garage door immediately.
A garage door opener remote can be carried by yourself or stored in the vehicle, and most operate using batteries that will eventually die. If you’re having issues with your garage door opener keypad, it may also need new batteries. Additionally, the Garage Door Opener Wall Switch usually needs to be wired correctly – if not, we can help rewire it or replace the switch entirely.
If you accidentally pull down the garage door emergency release while it’s in the up position, the opener will be disengaged. It means you won’t be able to close or open the garage door.
Types of Garage Door Openers
Chain-Driven Garage Door Opener
The trolley (carriage) is connected to a metal bar called J-arm, which is then attached to the garage door with a chain-driven opener. The contact between metal and metal, as well as the vibration, may produce noise that is unpleasant, especially if you have a room near your garage.
Advantages of a Chain-Driven Garage Door Opener
• Cheapest: Chain-driven garage door openers are the cheapest type of garage door opener.
• Heavy-duty: This sort of door opener can haul the heaviest doors.
• Low-maintenance: They have a longer lifespan than belt chain garage openers and require less maintenance.
Belt-Driven Garage Door Opener
A Belt-Driven garage door opener, as the name implies, uses a belt rather than a chain to move the trolley. The belt, which might be made of rubber, fiberglass, or polyurethane, offers a considerably quieter operation. However, belt-driven openers are more expensive than chain-driven versions.
Advantages of a Belt-Driven Garage Door Opener
• Smooth, quiet operation: unlike chain-driven garage door openers, belt-driven models are quieter and run more smoothly.
• Reliable: Belt-driven garage door openers don’t require frequent repairs.
Wall Mount Garage Door Opener
This style of garage door opener is popularly known as the Jackshaft type. If you want to save vertical space in your garage, this sort of opener is best because it is wall-mounted. The most common type of wall-mount garage door openers are commercial and high-rise garages.
Advantages of a Jackshaft Garage Door Opener
• Appealing: The jackshaft door opener is more aesthetically pleasing than other types.
• Quiet operation: It produces only slightly more noise than belt-driven units.
• Less maintenance: Its simple design with few moving parts means it won’t require much maintenance.
Opener Repair vS Opener Installation
If your garage door has some problem, you only need to repair the part that is malfunctioning. Additionally, if there is a solution, you don’t need a new opener. We have enlisted the different reasons your opener can become defective.
• Faulty motherboard: Over years of regular use, the wire inside your opener’s motherboard can become loose. When it happens, the wires will no longer connect correctly which could lead to short circuits. In this case, call a professional garage door repairer to tighten or replace the wire.
• A loose opener chain: Because of the vibration and the weight of the door, the chain might eventually slacken. When it happens, you won’t be able to operate your garage door smoothly.
• Broken gear and sprocket: Due to years of usage, the gears and sprocket weaken over time. When that happens, the chain and belt will become loose. As a result, you won’t be able to move your garage door up or down.
• Damaged or missing sensor: If your sensors are in bad shape, the garage door won’t stop shutting down. On the other hand, if your garage door is missing a sensor, you should consider installing one for additional safety features. You can hire a garage door technician to repair or install a garage door sensor.
• A non-functional wall unit or remote, or both: If you’re having trouble with your garage door remote or wall unit, start by checking if all your outlets are unplugged. Ensure that all of the portholes are plugged in. You can also try to change the battery if you haven’t replaced it for years.
If you think your garage door opener needs to be replaced, you can hire a garage door technician for garage door installation. Check below the reasons why you would need a brand-new opener.
1. If you’re planning to repair your old garage door opener, try to think twice. It will be hard for you to look for a replacement garage door opener. In this case, hire a garage door repairer to install a new garage door opener.
2. Having a garage door sensor means having an added safety feature. Garage door sensors prevent the door from crashing down. That’s why this type of feature will become a significant asset if you want to sell your house.
3. Brand-new garage doors have a feature of Wi-Fi, a camera, and a battery backup. Hire a garage door maintenance specialist to replace your old unit with a new opener.